Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lots of network problems

• Please log in to reply

Freebee

Freebee

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Please help me fix my internet/network issues.

I have ran a scan to determine what is the problem, but due to lack of knowledge of this stuff, i am unable to do anything with this report. Thats why i came here.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could look at the attached document and come up with a solution.

Thank you

Attached Files

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Howdy Freebee,

From your log, I'm guessing that you have absolutely no Internet connectivity? Please goto Start --> Run --> type CMD and press OK --> then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing the Enter key, and then posting on this forum. Alternately, you can save your information to a text file by using the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL > C:\ipconfig.txt -- navigate to that text file, and copy/paste the information from it.

Could you please also provide a little information about your problem? What happened? When did it start happening? Was it working before this? Has it ever worked? Are you on a network? If so, how many computers are on the network? Are you using a router?

Thanks,
Dan.

Freebee

Freebee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The document that i attached in the initial post listed a lot of failures in tests which were run by a windows test program.

I am using DSL on my laptop, and it is really slow, and sometimes lags out where i am only getting like 3 kb/s.
Usually the speed is around 150kb/s.

I will attach the MSWORD file again for you to take a look at. Maybe that will clear things up a little better.

Attached Files

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello,

The only thing that that NETSH DIAG GUI scan shows is that your connection is timing out often; repeatedly attaching the document will not bring any greater insight into your problem. It is intended as an aid, not a quick-fix solution -- it is therefore necessary to troubleshoot further.

Please goto Start --> Run --> type cmd --> press OK --> Now type the following commands, one after the other --
ping localhost <Press Enter> Wait for this ping to finish before proceeding.
ping 127.0.0.1 <Press Enter> Wait for this ping to finish before proceeding.
ping google.com <Press Enter> Wait for this ping to finish before proceeding.
ping 72.14.207.99 <Press Enter> Wait for this ping to finish before proceeding.

Once all four pings are completed, please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing the Enter key, and then posting on this forum.

I would suggest replacing your current cable with a known working cable, as see if the connection is still so slow.

Goto Start, Run, type CMD, press 'OK' and then perform a Trace route by typing: tracert google.com
Once the trace has completed, please post the results here by right-clicking on the window, selecting 'Select All', and then pressing the Enter key; post the results here.

Please download PingPlotter. Run it and perform a search to the following website: google.com -- Once it is finished, click on 'Edit', and then select 'Copy as Text'. Paste the results here.