Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Circle, Yellow Bullseye icon, [resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Just heal it for now. Make sure you have an anti-viral fully updated installed.

Try to do the online scan from panda. There are also trojan cleaners from moosoft.com and TDS-3. Find those and do them also.

Make sure system restore is off and you clean your temp. files.

Advertisements

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Scan finished, it found 15 infections, it said it removed them all. I also removed all temp files you said to. I restarted, and my computer wouldn't connect to the internet. Just FYI, I have been typing on my work computer, and doing the things you suggested on my "messed up" computer. I have to switch the network cable back and forth. Anyways, I'm running the scan again, I'll let you know what happens soon. Thanks. I feel like your best customer today

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Post a new log when you're through.

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I scanned it again, for 2nd time, found no new infections.
I had every intention on sending another log, but I cannot connect to the internet to post it. (I am currently using my work cpu to send posts). Does this have anything to do with the pop-up that keeps sayind RundDll.exe falied to initialize? Any other options of how I can send you the log?

Also, another random question. . . Everytime I start up the computer it says Found New Hardware, three times, I click cancel because it needs my Windows disk. This Found New Hardware began after I installed Windows Srvice Pack 2. Is this anything to be concerned about?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Do you have a printer hooked up? Scanner?

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yes on printer, no on scanner, we are so not technologically advanced here. Are there any file paths that you would like me to see if they are there? Internet was working fine until I ran AVG, then deleted the 15 files it said to. Does the RUNDLL32.exe need to be there to have internet work?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
http://www.neuber.co...ndll32.exe.html

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
2 questions: How can i get to the link if internet won't connect?
Second question: I just ran AdAware, it found CoolWebSearch on my computer, I deleted the 2 regisrty keys and 13 Registry values. I ran AdAware right after, it found CoolWebSearch again. And CW Shredder doesn't find any signs of CoolWebSearch on my computer. I am thoughouly confused.

Is it time to reinstall Windows after backing everything up? Then update virus definitions and prevent this from ocurring again?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Can you not connect on your laptop to read that link?

Take a breath. You are doing a million things at once and not solving anything.

I don't even know where we are at this point because you keep posting items.

To reestablish your connection, run this (copy it onto a floppy or a disc):

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

1. Make sure you have an anti-viral in place. Do you? Is AVG your anti-viral? If so, get rid of your other anti-viral. Having two is a mess.

2. Make sure your system restore is off. Reset it and clean out your temp. files.

3. What exactly does adaware say? Just because it says CWS--it could be cwsgooglems or something like that. Let me know exactly what it says.

Before we do anything else, I need to see a new log.

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Last question, regarding Anti-Viral. . . Can I tell you what I have installed, and you tell me what to unistall so I only have 1?

McAfee Anti-Virus, I unistalled AVG, SpyBotSearch and Destroy, SpySubtract, Microsoft Anti-Spyware.

Advertisements

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok, here is my latest log file. Sorry for not breathing, I will calm down. I really do appreciate all the time you are giving my situation. Thanks so much.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:23:05 PM, on 3/15/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\Msssrv.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\DadTray.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\MPS\mscifapp.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\MssCli.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.msn.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\KRISTI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\KRISTI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = cuce.ruk.cuni.cz:3128
O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B0C48DF1-6316-4F26-8FD7-EBB67686C9E5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnbi.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\MPS\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_AntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\MssCli.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: NkvMon.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {3BFFE033-BF43-11D5-A271-00A024A51325} (iNotes6 Class) - https://aumail4.amer...edu/iNotes6.cab
O16 - DPF: {5763F8E8-0DD7-4A0F-ADB0-9F64C8F2C349} (Pixami/Snapfish Upload UI Control) - http://www.snapfish....ishUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {9D5B6642-8C3F-4504-B2FC-42779ABAE4B9} (Snapfish File Upload ActiveX Control) - http://www.snapfish....pfishUpload.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://zone.msn.com/...ro.cab32846.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3DFA998-A486-11D4-AA25-00C04F72DAEB} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://photos8.msn.c....cab?5,0,1730,0
O16 - DPF: {DD3641E5-A9CF-11D1-9AA1-444553540000} (Surround Video V3.0 Control Object) - http://www.sunterra....svh/svideo3.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/...aploader_v6.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {448ECC21-1BD0-46A5-A9D9-CF601EEFD40B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnbi.dll
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {448ECC21-1BD0-46A5-A9D9-CF601EEFD40B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnbi.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Real-Time Scanner (McAfeeAntiSpyware) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\Msssrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Mcafee.com Corporation - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee.com Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
If you have McAfee, is it up to date?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Close all running programs, run Hijackthis and place a check next to the following.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\KRISTI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\KRISTI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B0C48DF1-6316-4F26-8FD7-EBB67686C9E5}
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B0C48DF1-6316-4F26-8FD7-EBB67686C9E5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnbi.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll

O18 - Filter: text/html - {448ECC21-1BD0-46A5-A9D9-CF601EEFD40B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnbi.dll
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {448ECC21-1BD0-46A5-A9D9-CF601EEFD40B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnbi.dll

close ALL your Internet explorer windows and click fix in Hijackthis.

Delete the Following file.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\\fnbi.dll

Download the following http://cwshredder.ne.../CWShredder.exe
http://www.lavasoft....ftware/adaware/
http://files1.majorg.../spybotsd13.exe

* Updating Ad-aware:
Double-Click the Desktop Icon > Click 'Check For Updates Now' > Click 'Connect'
* Updating Spybot:
Double-Click the Desktop Icon > Click Update > Drop-Down Box UniDo(Europe) > Select Pure-Elite(USA) or EON (AU) > Click 'Search for Updates' > Click 'Download Updates'

Now rebooot into safe mode (press f8 during reboot, select safe mode) and DON'T reconnect to the net.

* Double-Click CWShredder and click 'Fix'
o Close CWShredder

* Open Ad-aware and make the following changes to the settings in Ad-aware.
o Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweak > Scanning Engine:
check: "Unload recognized processes during scanning."
o Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweak > Cleaning Engine:
Check: "Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot."

Press 'Proceed'

Click 'Start'

* Select option 'Use Custom scanning options'
* Click 'Activate in-depth scan'
* Click 'Select drives\folders to scan' Select the active partition which is usually C:

Click 'Customize'

* Make sure the following are all are Checked:
o 'Scan Within Archives'
o 'Scan Active Processes'
o 'Scan Registry'
o 'Deep Scan Registry'
o 'Scan My IE Favorites For Banned URL'S
o 'Scan My Hosts File'

Click 'Proceed'

* Now click "Next" to let Ad-aware scan your drives.
* Once Ad-aware has completed its scan click 'Next' > Now Click 'Scan Summary' > Click All the Boxes with a Green Check Mark
* Now Click 'Next' and Finally Click 'OK'

Close Out Ad-Aware

Open Spybot.

* Click 'Search & Destroy'
* Click 'Check for problems' (the program will now search your HDD)
* Make sure all findings are checked and click 'Fix Selected Problems'

Close SpyBot and Reboot!

Once complete post a fresh log in your thread.

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok CoachWife6, let me update you. . . I already had AdAware, SpyBot and CWShredder, but I re-downloaded them and was able to get an update on Adaware. I ran them all, CWShredder found CWS.HiddenDLL and removed it, but it said my cpu wasn't infected. SpyBot didn't find anything!! That is good, huh?

As far as your question if McAfee is up to date, I have repeatedly tried to renew my subscription, but the page gets hijacked and I didn't feel comfortable transmitting credit card info when my cpu was messed up. Should I renew ASAP regardless? Should I also install FireFox browser? OK, my log is below, thanks for your tireless efforts to rid me of the demons my computer is fighting.

Scan saved at 9:32:56 AM, on 3/16/2005

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\MssCli.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\Msssrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McDash.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\shared\mghtml.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.msn.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = cuce.ruk.cuni.cz:3128
O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\MPS\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_AntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\MssCli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {3BFFE033-BF43-11D5-A271-00A024A51325} (iNotes6 Class) - https://aumail4.amer...edu/iNotes6.cab
O16 - DPF: {5763F8E8-0DD7-4A0F-ADB0-9F64C8F2C349} (Pixami/Snapfish Upload UI Control) - http://www.snapfish....ishUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {9D5B6642-8C3F-4504-B2FC-42779ABAE4B9} (Snapfish File Upload ActiveX Control) - http://www.snapfish....pfishUpload.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://zone.msn.com/...ro.cab32846.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3DFA998-A486-11D4-AA25-00C04F72DAEB} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://photos8.msn.c....cab?5,0,1730,0
O16 - DPF: {DD3641E5-A9CF-11D1-9AA1-444553540000} (Surround Video V3.0 Control Object) - http://www.sunterra....svh/svideo3.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/...aploader_v6.cab
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Real-Time Scanner (McAfeeAntiSpyware) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee AntiSpyware\Msssrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Mcafee.com Corporation - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee.com Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

nateritz

nateritz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi CoachWife6, I thought I posted my log an hour ago, but I just checked and I guess it didn't go through. Anyways, I did everything youtold me to do on your last post. Spybot didn't find anything, hooray! CWShredder found this and removed it: CWS.HiddenDLL. AdAware found CWS stuff and deleted it.

As far as updated McAfee software, I was a bit uncomfortable downloading and installing it and giving out my information with my cpu messed up. Should I do it anyways? And should I download FireFox for my browser? Thanks for helping my computer fight of the demons within, look forward to hearing the next steps. Below is my most recent scan.

Scan saved at 10:04:51 AM, on 3/16/2005

Running processes:
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssSrv.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssCli.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe

O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_AntiSpyware] c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssCli.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McSpyUpgrade] c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\McSpy.exe /cmd:Upgrade
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Real-Time Scanner (McAfeeAntiSpyware) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe