Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Probably silly questions!

• Please log in to reply

oldNwrinkled

oldNwrinkled

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:whistling: Is there a way to block certain sites from being accessed from my computer...such as myspace or another favorite time waster?

I run mozilla right now, but it's an old version. I also have Internet Explorer on my computer, but it's probably an old version.

I see a newer version of Mozilla is available. If I download it do I need to uninstall the version I'm using right now?

Thanks in advance!

OldNwrinkled

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
The new Browser should install over the old one. There is a way to ban websites by putting their I.p address in a .txt file

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
This should explain how
http://cooltech.iafr...owto/478289.htm

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

I would update any browser I use on the Internet as my default browser. I keep old versions to use in Web design work. My Firefox was updated today on an automatic basis.

As to banning any sites. Yes, you can set whether a browser blocks those you listed or any sites. Firefox has several settings from Tools>Options menu. Just select the tabs and ban those sites from cookies, popups, even images. You didn't specify which Mozilla browser you have, but it should be similar choices. Internet Explorer can also block sites.

Ron