Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DrWatson problem, cant open ANYTHING[resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

XexodusX

XexodusX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I have checked this forum for ways to fix my problem, I tried downloading the Ad-aware and cleaners and everything but the problem is I get DrWatson messages when i try to open ANY folder. The only things on my computer i can use are the internet and programs on my desktop, i cant look at anything inside of a folder so I cannot use the programs I was told to download to fix this problem. Pls can someone help me, I do not have the money to bring my computer anywhere...

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Have you tried downloading the programs to your desktop? If you save the programs on your desktop (temporarily), once they're installed it will put a shortcut to the .exe on the desktop that you will be able access.

Michelle

XexodusX

XexodusX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Michelle,

I found out how to run all the things i needed to.
Problem is I have completed all the steps in the directions that "thatman" posted in response to "dab2657"'s problem. After I finished and rebooted I still have the same problem with DrWatson Debugger. The only thing I didnt do is I never ran the Hijackthis file. Is that why i had no success?

Someone plz help.

~X

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi XexodusX ;)

Please post your HJT.log, and lets get to work on it

Thatman :tazz:

XexodusX

XexodusX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just wanted to let you know that I had a friend fix my problem and my computer is runnin smoothe now. Thanks for the help guys :tazz: Ill be sure to check back here if I encounter another prob.

~X

byrnefm

byrnefm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi XexodusX

Do you know what steps your friend had to take to get your computer going again? I hit a very similar problem with a friend's computer yesterday...

Cheers,
..Francis

XexodusX

XexodusX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
byrnefm and ZeoNeo,

Im sorry to say I dont know how he fixed it. I just called him with my problem and he fixed my computer through the internet so i couldnt witness what he did. However it seems many people have had success with this site, just use the Hijackthis file and post the log on this site and one of the admins will help you.

~X

Apyr0us

Apyr0us

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the same problem, I cant enter any of my directories + rightclick on things doesnt work anymore either. I get this drwatson error as well.
I allready did a full clean in safe mode, (cws/aawsepersonal/spybot/hijack).
but its still coming back

here's the hijack log :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 19:59:21, on 21-3-2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\Program Files\netscape\Netscp.exe
D:\Program Files\winrar\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.986\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", ""); (C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\f24db305.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "http://www.google.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\f24db305.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - d:\program files\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Explorer Class - {962F12AE-2773-4BEB-99EA-B5C3AB9A6606} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSMANA~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - D:\Program Files\Norton\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CWebDirObj Object - {C003C49F-53E4-4A72-B7D6-0B2B9997392F} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\webdir.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - D:\Program Files\Norton\NavShExt.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Downloads - {AF0828BC-CB46-4C8D-95B6-8A7C4988F9FF} - c:\nge-kazemule-uk\index.html
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted IP range: 213.159.117.202
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: gearsec - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gearsec.exe
O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - E:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\GHOSTS~2.EXE
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Norton\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - E:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Norton\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - E:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE

hope someone can help.

thanks in advance,

Mark

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Apyr0us

Please start your own thread

Thank you

Kc :tazz: