Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unexpected_store_exception

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Have you ever had a 1TB Toshiba external HDD hooked up to this computer, the first Speccy says that you have and it was reported as being 931GB exactly like a 1TB drive normally would.

Your last crash suggested that Windows was looking for something on that drive and when it could not find it Windows threw a fit, this was the reason why a clean install of Windows was suggested rather than a reset

Can you do the MTB log again but this time change the language to English first.

Not sure what has been done because (Speccy is telling us that Windows has not been clean installed;

Partition 1
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #1
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: BA5D51D2
Size: 930 GB
Used Space: 504 GB (54%)
Free Space: 426 GB (46%)

There is no way on this earth that Windows and the system drivers have taken up 504GB of space.

Couple of other things in Speccy that show that what was suggested has not been done;

RAM
16,0 Go Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1465MHz

The RAM is still being OCd;

What was advised;

Restart the PC so that you can access the BIOS and then restore the default factory settings, save the settings then exit the BIOS.

Had the BIOS reset been done the RAM would be reporting the SPD speed of 2133MHz.

Power Profile

Active power scheme: AMD Ryzen Balanced

What was previously advised;

Change the Windows Power Plan to Balanced, Ultra and High Performance are a form of overclocking that is known to cause stability and overheating issues, the setting should only be used for gaming type notebooks that have a discrete GPU that needs the extra power.

You should always use the stock Windows Balanced Power Plan on desktop PCs, additionally, when troubleshooting you really don`t want your storage devices and monitor set to turn themselves off, same with the rather useless Hibernation setting which at some point you should disable.

Always happy to help but only when members help us to help them by doing as advised.

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello,i m sorry about the things i didnt do correctly,i changed the power plan earler thinking it was the default when it was the ryzen balanced one,sorry about that.

Abt the ram i thought it was okay to put the maximum safe frequency for the motherboard wich i did after resetting the bios settings,sorry again i will fix it.  (btw i set it to 2933 and not 1465MHz)

I also had an external hdd from the toshiba brand wich is not plugged into my computer,i only use it to store some personal files and transfer them only once in a while.I dont think there is anything windows could be looking for in that drive.

Sorry if i messed up on some of your instructions,i ll be extra cautious. 

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I forgot to tell about that storage,i was also surprised to see that some space was taken after the windows installation.I searched online and found the Windows.old in my files containing the data of some games i had before the restore.

I took the files i needed in there for some launchers like epic games or steam and i brought them back in their places so i didnt have to reinstall everything.

I didnt get any kind of file from windows,just some from epic games and steam game launchers.Should i delete everything?

Here is also the MTB sorry i forgot.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   6.28KB   5 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

For things to be done correctly the HDD 100% needs to be formatted, this the reason why it was advised to save the required drivers to a USB thumbdrive rather than to the desktop.

The external hard drive was connected to the PC up until at least April 19th 2024 else it would not have been detected by Speccy 

The MTB log is still not in English I`m afraid, by the by now though because you need to start afresh and I strongly suggest that you use the media creation tool to create a fresh ISO, your latest Speccy report shows that the same Windows update was having problems installing, be sure to select the for use on another computer option when you create the ISO.

You should disconnect all non essential USB devices from the computer when you do the clean installation.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
The MTB log is still not in English I`m afraid, by the by now though because you need to start afresh and I strongly suggest that you use the media creation tool to create a fresh ISO, your latest Speccy report shows that the same Windows update was having problems installing, be sure to select the for use on another computer option when you create the ISO.

I don’t want to start anything that I don’t understand,do I need to install using an iso?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

See tutorial provide courtesy of Andre Da Costa;

Perform a Clean Install on an Empty Hard Disk/SSD or Reinstall by Booting from Install Media (DVD or USB Thumb Drive)

I don’t want to start anything that I don’t understand,do I need to install using an iso?

The fact that you needed to ask suggests that the recent Windows install was not a clean install but a rehash of what was already present, that would explain why so much storage space had been used up, the Windows Old folder and the same Windows update/s having trouble installing.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello,i have done it,do i need to do send anything to verify if the installation is a clean one?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

As long as you have installed the chipset and VGA drivers you could run Speccy and post the url for us.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Oh,i m sorry,you didnt mention the vga and chpiset drivers in your instructions and i didnt know if i needed to do it or no.

Can i install them now or is it a problem?

If so sorry i dont have any reflexes.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

The requirement was mentioned previously;

You recently reinstalled Windows, after doing so did you reinstall the following drivers and in the order that they are list, the chipset drivers. the SATA/storage divers and third the video drivers, any onboard video first and add on GPU second.

The below is my canned explanation for as to why the drivers being correctly installed is so important.

Once Windows has been clean installed you must then install first the MBs chipset drivers then the storage/SATA drivers and third the graphics drivers, the drivers can either come from a disk provided by the motherboard manufacturer or downloaded from their site and saved to a flash drive etc, this is a must and Windows should not be allowed to check for updates before it has been done as more often than not Windows installs the wrong drivers or in the incorrect order and this can cause all sorts of problems. 

The reason why this procedure is so important, the chipset is what enables the MB to be able to communicate with all the hardware + are the first drivers that Windows looks for on boot.

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Okay my bad,i will do it all over again and install the drivers this time,i will send you the speccy link once done.

Sorry for the wasted time.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Don't worry about the time taken and likewise don't go starting over again just yet, you may get lucky with installing your chipset and the video drivers for your CPU.

Once you have installed the drivers use the computer for general purposes for a day or so but don't go installing anything other than important Windows/Windows Defender updates + any additional drivers that Windows 10 suggests, the idea is to see if the PC runs stable.