Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pages don't load right

• Please log in to reply

Kspaien

Kspaien

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
My friend is having problems with her browsers. She has Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox, but neither of them seem to be able to load pages like...

http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/
http://www.comicgenesis.com/

What happens is, the page will pop up, but the pictures will not show. So it's basically text without pictures at all. I was wondering how this could be fixed, since she's too shy to come and state her problem. Thanks for the help!

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Have you tried clearing cache and cookies and the history?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
After what Hawaiantom said, check whether you have a firewall with popup/ad block options? These sites may have to be put on the Allowed list before you see the images as the Ad blocker may be considering all of them Ads.

I had a problem with one site where I couldn't see the top graphic. Reason was because the file name for it was .../banner.xxx and the list in my firewall app removed all images that had that. Once I removed " /banner " from the list, I could see the top image. Learned that the "hard" way. :whistling:

HTH

Ron

Kspaien

Kspaien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Sorry guys, that don't work. She clears out her stuff everyday. Plus, she all ready tried the fire wall thing. No go. Any other suggestions? o.o

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you will have to scroll about halfway down to find the settings....it has pretty pictures :whistling:

http://www.mozilla.o...options#general

Kspaien

Kspaien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks, but she tried that all ready >_<

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Does she use Spybot or SpywareBlaster? The sites the pictures are downloaded from may be on the blocked list. I had this problem once. The site was using a seperate site to store there images, and it was a known malware site, so Spybot blocked access to it.

Kspaien

Kspaien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Yep she does use it, but it's not blocking her for that.