Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to send text in MS Works 7.0 by email

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Why does clicking on the email icon or the email send from the File menu not do anything(I mean nothing!)in my MS Works 7.0?
The other icons work OK, Print etc. Any ideas please.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you have an email client configured on that pc?

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
starjax

Thanks for your response.
Yes I have an email client. It works OK when clicking on email links on websites or from my scanner etc. From MS Works is the only application that doesn't work.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, if you go to add remove programs and go to uninstall/change the application it should give you a choice to u nininstall, modify, or repair. what you need to do is choose repair. if you dont see the options listed there then launch the program, go to help, and there should be an option for "detect and repair" once you start the repair process, shut down the works application. repair will still continue.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Good suggestion Starjax. I got to the Repair option and all went well reinstalling MS Works with my Works CD and restarting but the problem remains. I don't know if emailing from here has ever worked as I have never tried it before!

Typing something and then clicking on the email icon in Tool Bar or using the email(Send)button from the File menu I get the hour glass icon for a fraction of a second(as though something is going to happen) then nothing.

Any other ideas please? I've never been able to get any feedback from MS itself.