Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Creative Zen :m software to Server 2003

• Please log in to reply

Justin Time

Justin Time

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Have new Creative Zen Vision :M, have not been able to get server 2003 to recognize the software or drivers, however , they have loaded successfully onto XP Pro SP2. Can't seem to work out why

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
simple, server 2003 not supported. It doesn't have the mulitmedia support that xp has.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
which begs the question of why y ou're trying to load such adevice on 2003 ? where did you get 2003 from?

Justin Time

Justin Time

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Simple ... long story
Dads computer 98 o/s 850mhz 6.4g HD and internet
My computer .... NIL
School subject covered Server 2003, I couldnt keep up with rest of
class, ......grandma to the rescue.
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ 1.8GHz 80G HD
I put 2003 on new computer that would not allow 98to stay in control of internet
98 was upgraded to XP pro on 6.4g HD (60g HD added later as slave)
School computer course completed successfully (Dad kept happy)
Got new Zen for birthday, would not load onto 2003 so loaded onto Dad's XP Pro and transfered all my stuff to shared folder.
Tried to re format server to load XP but couldn't get sense from HD and eventually reloaded Server 2003 onto new computer
Got any idea's

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...as starjax said...2003 isn't capable of running the creative software/device....

still a question is...where did you get 2003 from?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
if you want to load xp (technically it requires a liscense, so I hope it came with xp originally). when installing it should give an option to choose where to install it. just delete the partions and then setup new partion and format it. should proceed normally from that point foward.

Justin Time

Justin Time

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Original version was supplied on course application