Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

embedded videos wont play + trouble with dl videos

• Please log in to reply

someguy12

someguy12

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Whenever i go to a website which has videos embedded into the site, i cannot play them. Instead , all that comes up is a large box where the video should be, with a large X in the top corner.
Downloading videos into windows media player works alright, but when i start the download, both a windows media player window and a downlaod manager window will open. If i do not close the windows media window, then a message will appear saying
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available."
Upon clicking more information, the help says that the problem is known as
"C00D1197: Cannot play the file"
Although i then attempt to follow any additional help, none of the instructions do anything to help me.
What is wrong?

Currently i am using Windows Media Player Version 10, with an ACE mega Codecs pack.
I use internet explorer to browse the web and play embedded videos.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what do you mean "download manager window?"

I suspect you may have some spyware on your computer. follow the link http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

you will need to post a hijackthis log in the malware forum. once they pronounce you clean please come back to this thread so we can see what else we need to do.