Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSINFO\MSINFO32.EXE error

• Please log in to reply

computer illit

computer illit

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I received this error message when I tried to go into *strt-prgrm-accsrs-sys tls-System Information* then after that, there was another error message "The MSVCIRT.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:??_YAPAXI@Z" Please, Please help me, I know nothing about computers, and have no idea what this means. I was given this computer 2 - 3 years ago, the 98 CD didn't come with it, does that mean I'm up a creek with no paddle?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try downloading file from DLL-files.com.

If you should find or get a CD:

Read this from Support at Microsoft

Ron.

computer illit

computer illit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry, I don't know what dll file to download MSVCIRT.DLL, MSVCRT.DLL or both? is missing export the same as missing file? what does MSVCRT.DLL:??_U@YAPAXI@Z mean?, is that a whole other file?
And finally error: MSINFO\MSINFO32.EXE - "A device attached to the system is not functioning" and how can I fix it? which one of these bad boys should I fix first? Thank you so very much for your time and trouble.

Edited by computer illit, 03 June 2006 - 02:31 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check Device Manager and see if there are any devices listed with yellow exclamation marks. List.

Did you read the MS's support page? It tells you what you may need to do and you may need to download both. If Device Manager reports a problem device and it is no longer in use, you can disable it from there.

I wish I had Win 98 so I could give you exact steps here. Maybe someone, who has a better memory, can step in and help.

Ron

computer illit

computer illit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'll give it a try. Thank you so much for your help.