Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible problem: DLink DI 624 wireless router

• Please log in to reply

edrox

edrox

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
OK

I had a trojan/virus attack this morning. I think I got everything cleaned out OK, but I still have a problem with my DI624.

When the router is in the data path, I can only stay connected to the internet for 1-2 minutes before the connection drops. If I take the router out of the path and connect directly to the modem, I can stay on indefinitely. help please!!!

TIA

Advertisements

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
How many other users (if any) are connected to that router? are you using it for work or home? routers dont generaly get viruses, the only thing I could suggest is that your computer is being problematic, can you use another (maybe direct) connection to see if that works out?

edrox

edrox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Only 2 computers - one wired one wireless

As I said in the first post, if I take the router out of the path and cirect connect to the cable modem, everything is fine

Edited by edrox, 03 June 2006 - 10:34 PM.

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Then it does sound like a problem with the router, I would reinstal the os on the router (I assume you can get into the cli interface)...