Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any soccer fans out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Angelia

Angelia

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Who do you think is going to win?
Me i have to go all out for USA.Most say they don't have a chance.That final two will be Germany and Brazil.
I think USA has a strong team with some experienced players that have been playing togather for a while.
Also World Cup 2002 it would of been USA and Brazil if the referee had called germany player using hand at the goal.I'm a die hard soccer fan got up at two or three in the morning last world cup to watch games.
GO USA!!!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
USA lol i dont like footy and i know they dont have a chance, at least they arent as bad at footy as they are at rugby last USA rugby game you started feeling sorry for the "eagles" lol, its what you get when you call football soccer.

Germany i think have a good chance but there are alot of other good teams in Europe and obviously you have the south american nations all are pretty good. England might pull it out the bag they are jammy like that but i hope they dont. But anything can happen.

Edited by warriorscot, 04 June 2006 - 09:41 AM.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Italy all the way man, Germany have a good chance - They are a good team and have the advantage of playing at home. I think U.S.A should stick to "American Football". They are in the group with Italy who are the best :whistling:, Ghana who are quite good and Czech Republic who are also a good team. It's one of the hardest groups I think. Italy and Czech will probably go through.

England won't get into the final, no way. And if they don't they'll blame it on Rooney not playing even though he isn't even that good.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
socceroos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way. go AUSTRALIA

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont like football alot i only watch it occasionally but i know enough to know that the england team is underestimated and that Italy are good but not that good, Czechs have had some good press and are a good team.

And rooney may have some odd preferences but hes an excellent football player its just the way the english go they concentrate on one or two players thinking the rest are crap where in actual fact they have one of the best teams however they have some complex where they wont support as well if they dont think they are the underdogs. English are wierd like that. They think he will be fit anyway so i doubt it will be much of a bother he will miss the first couple of games but the rest of the team will handle them i would imagine.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

USA lol i dont like footy and i know they dont have a chance, at least they arent as bad at footy as they are at rugby last USA rugby game you started feeling sorry for the "eagles" lol, its what you get when you call football soccer.

Germany i think have a good chance but there are alot of other good teams in Europe and obviously you have the south american nations all are pretty good. England might pull it out the bag they are jammy like that but i hope they dont. But anything can happen.

USA have got a lot better but i would not say that they will win the world cup, i think they will get into the second round, then get beaten by brazil.
I think the winner will be BRAZIL! :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Part of me hopes that the USApes win, it would be a boost for the game in their country which doesn't seem to go beyond ones schooldays there I hear, pity. So while I will be watching the England team here with the usual I hate football so why am I watching this followed by being revited to every moment of it, I will be backing the USA too.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Come on aussie come on, come on.

Up against Brazil, Croatia and Japan in Group F.

I wonder how good our chances are?????

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
not looking to good but weel make it somewhere in the top 10(hopefully)

gecko girl

gecko girl

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
go BRAZIL! i love ronaldino! :whistling:

Advertisements

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I'm not saying USA will win the cup.But i think they have a chance.We have alot of experienced players on our team.We are ranked seventh in the world so our team can't be that bad.We do have tough competition to make out of group but i believe we can pull through.Only time will tell.

gecko girl
go BRAZIL! i love ronaldino

I love Ronaldino to.
The best Brazil has to offer.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
[quote name='scsangelia' date='Jun 6 2006, 05:33 AM' post='692358']
We are ranked seventh in the world so our team can't be that bad

what website did you find this out?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Come on aussie come on, come on.

Up against Brazil, Croatia and Japan in Group F.

I wonder how good our chances are?????

Let's put it this way....You're screwed :whistling:

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Haha, to be honest I don't know how they work out the rankings

Brazil first (Yeah, that seems right)
But Czech republic 2nd???
Holland 3rd???
I mean they're good but not that good, and how can USA be 6th? In front of England AND Italy?

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
USA can be in the top 10 because they are pretty decent now. I mean before I have to admit the US team sucked. Today however I think they have a chance to win the WC just as much as anyone. DO I honestly think they will win? No. dibs on Brazil or Germany there. I do think USA is going to leave an impression this year though.