Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any soccer fans out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

USA can be in the top 10 because they are pretty decent now. I mean before I have to admit the US team sucked. Today however I think they have a chance to win the WC just as much as anyone. DO I honestly think they will win? No. dibs on Brazil or Germany there. I do think USA is going to leave an impression this year though

Thanks steamhead i couldn't of expressed it better.I'll back USA 100% not going to jinx them by saying they won't win.But i do believe they have a good chance.There keeping it lowfile in Germany there last game before World Cup begins was closed meaning no fans or other teams watching so they might have a secret up there sleeves.

Go USA!!!

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Let's put it this way....You're screwed :blink:

Maybe.....anyone for
Cricket (even though we lost the Ashes)
or
Rugby League
or

or

or

:whistling:

Edited by Octagonal, 06 June 2006 - 04:51 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Rugby Aus is good but NZ is better, and its alot tighter competition wise in the rugger. But with the attitude towards sport in Aus its hardly surprising, we got an Aus coach for the national team and the guy was a friggin nutter, he chucked half our decent players because he couldnt read a map and figure out England was as close to the training ground as some of the places in Scotland, utter muppet.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
No, my vote still goes for the to Ameria. I mean any country that can come up the idea of the meatloaf that goes into the microwave instead of cooking during the series deserves to win.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
^^ aye. :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
oh come on dont be mean to australia...... just becuase we lost other years doesnt mean weel lose that bad now............................wel i hope not :whistling:

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
dudeja

We are ranked seventh in the world so our team can't be that bad

what website did you find this out?

www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-May-2006,00.html

Here you go USA is ranked fifth. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I mean any country that can come up the idea of the meatloaf that goes into the microwave instead of cooking during the series deserves to win.

to put my two cents in here....this is why america sucks at sports hehehe....because we microwave meatloaf...(and anything else that will fit in there.....had a friend nuke a whole turkey one year for thanksgiving....it was aweful)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I clearly remember the USA lat time i saw them play get utterly pwned how can they be 5th. In fact i hardly ever see them play at all.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
USA got there rank up by going against easy teams, where like ENGLAND dont and still win!, ranks mean nothink like how USA better than FRANCE :whistling:

Advertisements

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
USA ranked fifth for many reasons.Don't forget World Cup 2002 USA made it to the final 4.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
very true, but i would'nt say they was against the hardest teams.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Point taken but my understanding of the road to world cup you have to play against all teams.
Second last year we won the concacaf gold cup in 2005 are we saying that all teams USA went up against not good.USA has made it to the World Cup for five years.I admit that there are great teams out there and i'm including USA as being one of the great teams.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
I'm not saying that USA is not a good team but they dont score goals like Lahm just scored!
Or beat the off side trap like Wanchope just did!
also i gotta say these goals were great to start the world cup with! :blink: :whistling:

Edited by dudeja, 09 June 2006 - 10:17 AM.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
and an other goal by klose