Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any soccer fans out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
:angry: :woot: :help: :woot: :yes: :blink: :whistling: :woot:

What can I say? Aussie lost 1-0. Absolutely incredible game with Aussies dominating possession and continually moving the ball down the field like a well-oiled machine ... just couldn't get it in! Italy defended really well for most of the game and then finally came alive in their attack during the last five minutes.

In the last minute of extra time a penalty was awarded against the Aussies right in front of the goal (a controversial ruling, but what's the point going into it!).

The Socceroos played a fantastic game and without our star Harry Kewell who was on the sidelines on crutches - he's our finisher - manages to get the goals in.

It's so disappointing. :)

Edited by frantique, 26 June 2006 - 11:36 AM.

Advertisements

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
:whistling: It was a great game frantique.Your right about the penalty.But Australia came in fighting and went out fighting.At least all the Australians can say the team give a 110%.Hated to see them go.As hard as they played they deserved to be in the final four.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
So do alot of teams, Italy would also deserve to be in the final 4 but only one team can win.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
that penalty was wrong here read this http://news.ninemsn.....aspx?id=108863

Edited by daniel_c, 26 June 2006 - 05:59 PM.

SuicidED

SuicidED

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
That was not a penalty and its about time FIFA gave points for diving...

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts

The Socceroos played a fantastic game and without our star Harry Kewell who was on the sidelines on crutches - he's our finisher - manages to get the goals in

That's the clincher; with the number of shots the Aussies had they really should have sunk one or two. The penalty was definitely a shame, but that aside, 'twas a good game all round.. Let's just hope it's not another 32-year wait :whistling:

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

That was not a penalty and its about time FIFA gave points for diving...

Maybe it wasn't a penalty, but Materazzi definately didn't deserve to be sent off. The australians were a lot worse. Especially that tackle on toni.

Well, the main thing is that we're through.

Oh yeah, and our next game is against Ukraine, lol. Althrough I can't wait to see them play a team like Germany or Brazil. They always play their ultimate bets against teams like that, whereas they don't really try against 'not-so-good' teams

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
So many good games left to watch.

Can't wait to see Argentina and Brazil.

I would like to see either Italy or Argentina win. :whistling:

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
hey

Im a Glasgow Celtic supporter,i had a season book at parkhead there for 6 years,but i gave it up,
and nothing personell to any england fans,i just hope they dont win it,cause we wont hear the end of it in scotland,,:whistling:

and im rooting argintina to win it,mind u brazil havnt won a world cup on european soil for 28 years,

Edited by ChRiS1888, 29 June 2006 - 11:17 AM.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Italy and Germany advance to final four.

I was hoping Argentina would beat Germany can't believe that lost on penalty shots

Advertisements

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
Im glad that Germany beat Argentina.... purley because, I would rather England meet Germany in the final and not Argentina....Hopeful thinking I know... :whistling:

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
I'm glad Portugal & France won today.. No Brasil and no England :whistling:

I wish Portugal or France takes the win on this cup, I'd prefer Portugal to take it, but if not, then France. :blink:

I don't support Italy or Germany, but will probably watch their match.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
:whistling: I was glad to see France win.As for Italy I think they have a good chance to win.I don't really care who takes it as long as it's not Germany.

I have to say I hated to see England go.

They played such a good game but Portugals goal keeper was good and won the game for them.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah its good england are out, we can get football coverage without all the oh England did this and oh England did that, and maybe they will stop showing "highlights" from old games they won from the 60s.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
England are out! ahhh oh well portugal wont win. I want Germany to win as there the home nation I hate portugal (load of cheaters) and France just dont like them. Euro 2008 the next time we will see Steve McClarens teams lol