Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Half-Life 2 Episode 1


  • Please log in to reply

#1
BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!


Well I just completed Half-Life 2 Episode 1 on easy with no commentary and I was blown away. First off, from HL2, the graphical upgrades (or maybe my compy is just better now) add a lot to the game. With AAx2 and HDR alone the game looks phenominal. One thing I found interesting is that Alyx is by your side like 90% of the game. The other 10% is when you fall in some sort of hole and have to fight your way back to her. The same ole enemies are back, all types of combine, zombies, hoppers, and a new enemy, the so called (by Alyx) Zombine (a combine zombie, with the ability to use grenades :help: ).

Another thing that blew me away was the soundtrack. That good ole Half Life theme was back, but along with some rockin' metal (or rock, just didn't want to say rockin' rock) tracks during the big fight scenes. Gameplay is classic HL and overall I give it a 9/10 (some puzzles took a little too long to figure out, maybe it's just me :blink:)

If you don't have it yet, but loved HL2, get it now, it's well worth the $20. Keep in mind, I started playing it last night at about 11:30 - 1:00, then today from 7:30ish to now and I beat it on easy already. It's short, but I'm excited to go back and play it harder with commentary on :whistling:
Cliffhanger lovers rejoice, this game will definantly leave you wanting Episode 2.

=BlackPandemic=

Edited by BlackPandemic, 03 June 2006 - 07:11 PM.

  • 0

Advertisements


#2
warriorscot

warriorscot

    Member 5k

  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im dithering i might wait see whats cheaper the DVD or the download but still at roughly £15 a pop thats £45 a bit much for a game with no MP that ive allready paid £30 for, if it was £5 or £10 then no hesitation because all 3 episiodes would add up to buying one full game which is what all 3 add up to.

It looks oj just seems a little on the expensive side for what amounts to a third of an expansion pack.

But on easy thats just sad i dont even bother playing unless its on normal or hard.

Actually looking at the exchange rate i might just get it while the conversion works at only £10.60 which is allright.

Edited by warriorscot, 04 June 2006 - 07:51 AM.

  • 0

#3
BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

    Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I always play games first on easy just to readjust to the game (I haven't played HL2 in like a year and a half) and just to experience the thrill of "pwning teh noob aliens."

Also, you and your pounds :whistling: I never understand what your talking about because I don't know the pound-dollar equivalent :shrugs: For $20 it was worth it, as long as they don't make a million episodes :blink:
  • 0

#4
warriorscot

warriorscot

    Member 5k

  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They are making three or should i say they have split the expansion into 3 parts, the exchange rate is usually a little less than that but US markets arent doing fantastically so its pretty good its at 1.88 to the pound if it gets to 1.90 and change then ill definately get it.
  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP