Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Restarts when source game launchs

• Please log in to reply

o8Shadow8o

o8Shadow8o

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello i just bought HL2

What happens: When i launch it my coputer restarts just as it gets to the main menu this is happening with HL2 and HL2 Deathmatch and CSS (porbally Seince i havent finished dling it yet) But i play FarCry on my pc all the time and it never crashes

System Specs: 512 RAM, P4 3.06 GHz CPU, NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE Turbo Chache 256.0 MB

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
exit the steam client. then relaunch. click on my games and it should show a status. If the game you want to play isn't at 100% then its not ready to play yet. if it is and your still having problems right click on game (in steam client) and choose properties. Go to last tab called "local files". click on "verifiy integrity of game cache".