Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with installing

• Please log in to reply

jmckin06

jmckin06

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm trying to install something. Problem is, my main hard drive does not have enough space to install it. I wanted to install it on my secondary hard drive, but it simply just says not enough space without me even specifying WHERE I want it installed. I've tried putting the installation file on my secondary drive, but that still does not work. Is their a way to remedy this problem?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there jmckin06, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

The reason for it keep coming up and saying that the C:\ disk is full is probably because the installation file must load temp files into your windows temp folder.

So run a disk cleanup and try again:
> Start
> All Programs
> Accessories
> System Tools
> Disk Cleanup

Make sure all the check boxes are selected.

I would also recommend uninstalling the programs you dont use.

Open the Control Panel’s Add/Remove Programs list and remove the following if present: (Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs)

Then look for the programs that are unused.

jmckin06

jmckin06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well, sure enough it worked. I freed up some space and it worked, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Guess I was thinking too simple-minded, now I feel stupid. :whistling:

Thanks for the help!

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there again jmckin06, the is no need to feel stupid at all. Sometimes the small things just slip your mind.

For example: When working, the people down stairs could not get the computer to power on. So the usuall IT's when down and tried to fix the problem. Unfortunatly they did not know what was wrong. I went down to give a helping hand and found out that the power cable was not pluged into the wall properly. Wow, we all had a great laugh, they sat trying to fix the problem for about 1 hour.

So now you can see that, sometimes its the simple things.

A qoute from "ScHwErV"
"About 99% of computer problems sit in front of the monitor "

I was glad we could help, Cool :whistling: