Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 2.0 not working

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have an asis p4p800e motherboard. It is equiped with usb 2.0, however, they will not power up to high speed. I keep getting a message that says "you have plugged a high speed device etc etc"
How can I get my USB to get up to the high speed? Thanks

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
did you install the usb 2.0 drivers of the motherboards cd?

USB 2.0 needs a driver to have it run at 2.0 not 1.1
what os are you running?

you can download the USB 2.0 driver from here but it says that it is for 2000/ME
http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

the best thing to do would be to look for the motherboard cd and install the drivers from there
goodluck,
troppo

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Full USB 2 functionality was included with Windows SP1 as standard, although it was possible to install an update separately before this service pack.

Some BIOSes have an option so far as USB goes: High speed and Full Speed. The majority are set for High Speed by default, which is USB 1.