Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem - I think it's my processor

• Please log in to reply

dav11d

dav11d

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

Recently when I've been playing the game Medal of Honor my FPS has been dropping down to between 10 and 20, causing the game to slow down and lag. Normally my FPS is around 100 to 200 or more, but every few minutes this happens.

I think that this is a problem with my processor. I am using a laptop with an Intel Pentium M 1.7GHZ processor. I know that this can handle the game because the game has ran without any problems for months before this started happening.

I have tried the usual solutions such as virus scanning, spyware scanning and formatting my computer, but none have worked. I would really appreciate any help that anyone here can give me.

Advertisements

foxshox

foxshox

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Try thinking about going out to COMPUSA or something and picking up a laptop cooler. I also have a Pentium M 1.7 7GHZ, and I used to drop frames quite a bit while playing Need For Speed Most Wanted, but with the cooler, it runs alot smoother, and the bottom of the laptop is warm at best. I have an antec cooler which is just a couple fans on a stand, theres a huge variety of them, but you might want to try that. It also could be the graphics card is overheating which is a definite possibility.