Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ram compatibility

• Please log in to reply

hoosierhoney

hoosierhoney

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello everyone, I know this is probably a stupid question but I am going to ask any ways. My friend has an emachine 600 that currently has 64mb of sdram. I have a spare pair of 128 ddram pc2100. I want to put my ddram into her computer which is running 98se...is this possible? thanks for any assistance with this matter.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Sorry, won't work (won't even fit). <_<

hoosierhoney

hoosierhoney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for fast reply. I wonder if you could also tell me if pc2100 and pc2700 are interchangable? My local store has a really good deal on the pc2700. I would love to add another 512mb to my machine....thanks again,
smiles your way <_<)))))))))))))))

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
PC2700 will work just fine <_<