Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card issues

• Please log in to reply

RobK0000

RobK0000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi guys, i have a Radeon 9600xt in my computer right now. it has been running great up until yesterday. I updated the drivers and now no program that utilizes the graphics card runs. they all freeze up during mid use. I tried uninstalling the new drivers and installing the old ones but they will not delete. can someone please help me with my problem.
Thanks Guys
Rob

Attached Files

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get the ATI driver uninstaller from the ATI website that will get rid of them, make sure you get your drivers only from www.ati.com or directly from the modder if you used modded drivers.

You can also use driver cleaner to get rid of them, Graphics cards manufacturers dont reccomend upgrading the drivers past a certain stage when the cards have been fully supported e.g. they dont care about that card and are working on new ones, 9600 wise anything in the 6 catalyst series wont help you at all as you have found. Once you have the drivers off reinstall them or reinstall the original ones you have, make sure you also have the .net framework 1.1 installed and resintall it to make sure.