Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't wake up.

• Please log in to reply

Ailiniel

Ailiniel

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Whenever I make the computer go to sleep or hibernate, I can't get it to wake back up again. Moving the mouse or hitting the keyboards won't work anymore so I have to hit the power off button to restart the computer. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?? I use Windows Me.

Edited by Ailiniel, 04 June 2006 - 12:31 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
my old Win ME puter was doing that when i had both power management turned on in the BIOS and in windows. I got into the bios ( delete key at startup on my puter)and disabled the power management there. By using just the windows PM the computer quit locking in sleep mode. This may be your problem. You might just set all the windows PM settings to never and see if that fixes the problem. This lets the bios control the power management. On my computer this did not work so i turned PM off in the bios.

SRX660

Ailiniel

Ailiniel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I just tried putting the computer to sleep but only the moniter will go to sleep mode for only a second and then it wakes back up again.

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
[b]
Hello Ailiniel

You should never let your puter go to sleep, I was told that when I fist purchased my PC back in 2000, because of that very problem your having. The person that told you to change your settings in the Control Panel under Power Option to NEVER hibernate across the board.
[/b]

Ailiniel

Ailiniel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok thanks.