Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help windows file missing

• Please log in to reply

steveba

steveba

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
the problem is that he cannot remember the user account name and he made his son a limited user. will i be able to find any file with his account details.

i put the machine into safe mode and his son just comes up, we are thinking that his son deleted his user account by guessing his password and deleted it. so all he has is one account with limited user, he cannot find his account or reinstall his account from his sons settind due to it being a limited account

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does this apply?

http://support.micro...kb/281992/en-us

steveba

steveba

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
tried it mate but did not work his system is windows xp home edition where mine comes up with all the users his come up with the last on to log on and tried both methods on link. no joy

Edited by steveba, 04 June 2006 - 02:06 PM.