Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wierd Problems

• Please log in to reply

Sidca

Sidca

• Pip
  • 5 posts
A few weeks ago, I noticed that my internet broswers homepage changed itself to 9991.com. And everytime I clicked Shutdown my computer, it restarted itself. I have scanned for viruses and such but the search has come up with nothing. Now, yesterday I turned on my computer and it showed the screen where is says: press F1 for setup and F10 for system recovery, and then it goes to a black screen with a blinking underscore line and it just stays there and doesnt do anything. I tried putting in my rescue disk but it went to the black screen again and said: Starting Rescue Disk. But then it just stayed there like before.

Can anyone help me?

I dont really have any ideas on whats wrong.

Thanks

(Oh, and I am using Windows XP SP2)

Edited by Sidca, 04 June 2006 - 07:01 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Sidca...

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key during bootup and choosing the Safe Mode option from the list of options? Let me know if it will start that way and we'll see if we can get you running good enough for a trip through the Malware Forum.

wannabe1

Sidca

Sidca

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

Sorry it took sooo long to respond, but I fixed it by taking the battery out of the motherboard to reset the BIOS and its fixed now.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad you got the problem sorted out and thanks for letting us know how you resolved it... :whistling: