Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Playing old games on XP

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This morning i was able to install C&C for Windows 95 on my windows XP following this guys instructions but i have not been able to find someone who has done this for anyother games so i ask you all to please post a way to run other games like this person did:

P.S. Im especialy looking for a way to play redline racer...

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Redline Racer breaks with DirectX8.1 or later installed, this version of DirectX comes as standard with XP. Therefore Redline Racer is pretty much stuffed when it comes to XP.

As for Command & Conquer - what's been posted in the link is the general way to try and get games working - compatiblity mode, patches and a spot of Googling. Some games are just designed in a generally awkward fashion that means there's no way to get them working under XP. Many Electronic Arts games dating before 2001 suffer from this problem.