Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Screen Saver won't start

• Please log in to reply

dylpicklebug

dylpicklebug

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just got a new computer and the screen saver was initially working fine. After I installed a couple of programs, it quit working. I first noticed it wasn't working after I installed my iPod. Someone told me that the iPod program could have things running in the background, which could cause my screen saver to not start. How do I find out if that's happening?

I can change the screen saver, and the preview button works fine. I've moved the settings to 1 minute before turning on, but still nothing.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Advertisements

ajcool123

ajcool123

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hey are you still having problems? Right click on the desktop -> properties -> settings. What is shown there?

dylpicklebug

dylpicklebug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi ajcool,

When I right click on the desktop>properties>settings... everything is fine. The screen saver settings are correct, set to come on after 1 minute, and I can "preview" the screen saver and everything is fine. No matter which screen saver I choose (which all came with XP), they "preview" fine, but won't start up on their own.

ajcool123

ajcool123

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
what about your power options under the screen saver settings. what are those set at?

dylpicklebug

dylpicklebug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Power options are:
Home/Office Desk
Turn off monitor: Never
Turn off hard disks: Never
System standby: Never
System hibernates: Never