Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Movie Maker Help

• Please log in to reply

geordie10

geordie10

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hello
I am having a problem with windows movie maker. About every minute or everytime i try to preview what i have done it says it has encountered an error and needs to close. I have no idea what is causing it. Can somebody please help me.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it the only video editing programme you have used

geordie10

geordie10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes it is

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have a fast connection, try the trial of Nero to see if you get the same result

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
What systems have you got? eg. RAM, CPU, Hardrive, Operating System.

also are you able to find out what type of file it is? eg avi with divx codec, or MOV.

You might have a damaged/corrupted video file, or a video file that uses compression that really bugs windows movie maker. Does it work with other files, or is it crashing no matter what file you use?

Edited by st22, 10 June 2006 - 04:29 AM.

geordie10

geordie10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes it is happening just about 1 minute after i open it everytime. it seems more often when i use images in it.

i'm using
windows xp sp2
19 gigs left in hard drive
760 megs of ram

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
its hard to tell what might be happening, does it give a specific error message or just close? is there something you do that makes it close everytime (e.g. press a specific button in the program), or is it at random?

geordie10

geordie10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes it just says. windows movie maker has encountered an error an needs to close. it is very random. it happens more frequetly the more i keep opening the program.

and i am download the trial of nero and i'm going to test.