Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New RAM

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I need to know if my PC motherborad supports High density RAM and was wondering how to do this. I was also wondering what the maximum capacity of one slot is.

Edited by CJIS, 05 June 2006 - 11:34 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go to the crucial website it will tell you the amount and types of memory compatible with your system, if you buy it from them its guaranteed to work but you can easily just get the same spec stuff from a cheaper brand.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
double

Edited by warriorscot, 05 June 2006 - 11:45 AM.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
ok Thanks

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
OK this tells me the correct information but I wish to buy from an ebay store and Crucial.com doesn't tell me whether the RAM is High-Density or not, I really want to know this before buying.

Edited by CJIS, 05 June 2006 - 01:22 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You dont want high density ram its unimportant really get what the specs crucial give you density usually wont even be mentioned on a spec sheet for good ram.

I dont know where people see high density almost no manufacturers mention it on product sheets as most memory is low density(good thing).

Just get memory that matches the specs of the crucial memory you want in memory type DDR1 or DDR2, (so same number of pins) and its the right amounts to be compatible and the best speeds you can handle.