Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD: irql_not_less_or_equal

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go ahead and try to get a new driver for that....but before installing it...go to device manager and uninstall the current device...(this device may be the reason for your bsod's by the way)

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
OK. I fixed that problem, simply by uninstalling and instaliing it. Now I have another problem I havn't noticed before. One of my USB COntrollers: SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller has the exclamitory beside it too. I uninstalled it and tried to install it again but WIndows doesn't have the driver. Neither does the internet, I checked everywhere. Now my device manager recognises it as simply: USB Controller with a ?. When I try the 'update' the driver it says: the hardware was not installed because the wizard couldnt find the nesessary software.

Please Help,

PS: Oh ya, I'm still getting that BSOD.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
BUMP^^^

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
BUmp/

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nikul...please don't bump your thread...i'm trying to think of something

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Sorry, The only reason I bumped was because I thought you left me and I wanted other people to see it. Anyways, I'm going to make a new thread for my second problem (usb).

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

When I do that it says, Windows connot find prefetch. I checked all of the WINDOWS folder, I couldn't find it. I searched my drive also.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I did everything you asked me to do, except the prefetch emptying thing. I am currently getting help to get it working. BSOD continues.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Any other ideas?

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I did everything that everybody told me to do in this thread. The error ceased for a while. But now it has startyed again and it has become more frequent. Here are some things I remembered that may help: The last hardware I installed was a firewire port. Also I got my event manager working and here are some events that happen at the same time as the BSoD.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 7/7/2006
Time: 11:43:39 PM
User: N/A
Computer: USER1
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x80634928, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80634928). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Event Source: redbook
Event ID: 10
Date: 6/26/2006
Time: 1:31:47 PM
Description:
This drive has not been shown to support digital audio playback.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Data:
0000: ff 00 04 00 01 00 5c 00 ˙.....\.
0008: 00 00 00 00 0a 00 ff 4f ......˙O
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 01 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ....˙˙˙˙
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 01 00 00 00 ....

Please help, Thankxxx.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Here is another one. Note: tha numbers are different.

Event Source: Save Dump
Event ID: 1001
Date: 7/11/2006
Time: 9:26:59 PM
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x805a5879, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805a5879). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Edited by Nikul, 12 July 2006 - 10:13 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Nikul...

These errors are quite often related to an optical drive either not being connected or configured properly.

A couple of things to check would be that the drive is configured so that digital playback is not selected and that the audio cable from the drive to the soundcard is connected.

Emulation software such as Daemon Tools has also been known to cause these faults. Uninstalling that, if you have it, may help.

wannabe1

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I just thought of something, COuld XMPlay have anthing to do with it. It's an audio player I use almost everyday. Can you google it and check if its an emulation thing.

Before installing XMplay everything was fine.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I haven't found anything that actually states this player acts as an emulator, but I did see a few folks that had problems with it. Try uninstalling it and see if the problem goes away. It may be the player, it may be a bad install, it may not even be related, but reading your last reply makes me a bit suspicious.