Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD: irql_not_less_or_equal

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
OK, theres one thing about XMplay, you dont need to install it, just unzip and run. I dont know if that helps, but i'll know delete all of the unzipped files and see if the bsod continues.

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
It's not XMplay, I'm still getting the BSoD.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hmmmm...

Download, install, and run WinAudit. Generate a report using the Report Wizard and the default settings...save the report to your desktop. This will put 3 files on the desktop...right click on the one named "rightframe.html", point to "Send To", and choose "Compressed (zip) folder". Attach that file to an e-mail for me...I will PM you with my address.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
This is really odd because, I just got another BSOD and I was just reading forums. And I had MSN Messenger on.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Aight, I emailed it to you.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I just recieved it again (BSOD) when I started to play music in WMP.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I may be asking for a couple more of these reports too see what the range of errors is. Click Start, then Run, type eventvwr.msc and click "Ok". In the left pane of Event Viewer, right click on "Applications" and choose "Clear All Events"...then do the same with "System".

Run the machine until you get another couple BSOD's, then generate another WinAudit report, and send it to me.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok, I cleared it. It seems like BSODs are getting more frequent, I just got another one. Thats a total of 4 today. Usually it happens once evry 2 days.

I'll send you the report in a couple of days.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you get the errror after clearing the Event Viewer? If yes, go ahead and send me another report now.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
No no, I cleared it after the bsods. Anyways I'll play around with WMP (Thats what making the BSODs happen according to me) and hopfully get the BSOD and send you the logfile.

Ps. Could my new keyboard have anything to do with this. Note its an old keyboard (for win98 i think) but after finding out the shortcuts werent working I updated it to a WinXP driver (I did this yesterday).

Edited by Nikul, 13 July 2006 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
OK I sent you another WinAudit Report. I think 5 BSODs occured after I cleared the logs. The BSODs occured when the computer was idle (I wasn't at the copmputer). I can tell 5 happened by looking at the reports.

Thanxx.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you use Norton?

I also see some things in there that may or may not be malware related...as you have both Bit Torrent and Limewire installed, I have to assume they very well could be.

Click Start, then Run, type services.msc and click "Ok". Look in the list of services for SAVRTPEL, double click on it and set it to "Disabled". "Apply" the change.

In the meantime, post a HJT log in the Malware Forum so we can verify if the files I noticed are malware or not.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
No, I do not use Norton, I'm using Trend's Antivirus. As for SAVRTPEL, it isn;t in services.

I will now post a hijackthis log. (I'm pretty sure the system is clean. I gave them a log like a month ago.)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

I gave them a log like a month ago

I saw that, but I also so a couple of .lnk files I'm not sure of... :whistling:

Are there any Norton or Symantec entries in Add or Remove Programs?

Edited by wannabe1, 17 July 2006 - 07:36 PM.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I deleted al of SYmantec's program files. I think its clean.