Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

uh.. wierd stuff ive never seen before in msconfig

• Please log in to reply

BlueForce

BlueForce

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well here is a screenshot of what is in my msconfig. just a week before i was cleaning it out and turning off services. i decided to check if i left anything on today and see boxes and a blank line all of a sudden? never seen this before, but im going to assume it's a virus or multiple virus's.
here's the link for the image:
Picture

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
go to start/run type regedit OK select HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE scroll to find offending entries delete keys

Also check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE for same

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello BlueForce...

I think that rather than delete registry items, a trip through the Malware Forum may be a more appropriate first step.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1