Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick Keys on Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Marotta1

Marotta1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi. I have a Compaq computer that has shortcut keys to the internet and e-mail and such. It is a Compaq S3200NX. The only thing is they are not working anymore. I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix this. I don't have the option of a Restore Point because I had Viruses I had to remove that I think did it. So I had to clear them and all the restore points. Should I reinstall the Compaq One Touch Multimedia Keyboard Software Driver or is there a better way?

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
It may be worth trying a re-install of the drivers. If that does not fix it, check the hp support web page for a possible solution. They may have a faq on this. You can also contact them via the web page with questions.

Marotta1

Marotta1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well, I tried uninstalling the driver(keyboard software) and reinstalling it today as HP Help suggested and it made my computer run so slowly it took 5-10 minutes to open the task manager. Definitely don't want that again. Any other suggestions? I'm not even sure I want to ask them again.