Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IBIRC Chat Error

• Please log in to reply

=CrAzYG33K=

=CrAzYG33K=

• Pip
  • 9 posts
OK, I registered here to get some help and to give out tips to other users...
Everything was fine until I tried to Chat in the IBIRC chat room..
I couldn't log-on coz' of illegal characters in my nick/handle .. This obviously refers to the ='s, but if the FlashChat can't handle those characters, why did it accept the handle when I registered? Guess this handle is only for the forums then.
So, is there no way I can participate in the chat then? Or is this a keyword bug? Or will I be provided with an alterante handle for the FlashChat alone , say like crazyg33k??

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
The forum and the chat are seperate things. While the forum software can handle names with non-alphanumeric characters in them, the chat software cannot (well, it can handle some). I think the java chat will give you a new name to use, although I cannot be sure since I haven't used the Java chat in a while.

-Ryan

=CrAzYG33K=

=CrAzYG33K=

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Nope..
I tried the Java Chat.. That is my whole problem..
It says 'irregular kewords in nick/Id'.. :whistling:
and I can't even create a new handle exclusively for Java/IRC Chat??

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Down in the lower right hand corner, there should be a box that's labeled "Change Nick" (or something similar). Just type a new nick there and press Enter.

Alternatively, you could download and install an IRC client such as mIRC and connect to /server irc.wyldryde.org and /join #geekstogo

-Ryan