Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URGENT help needed: Windows Application Error

• Please log in to reply

Quari

Quari

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi, I'm in severe need of help - whenever I try to log onto my Windows XP account I am greeted with the following:

"Windows Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

This comes up before my desktop has even loaded and my desktop fails to load as a result meaning I cannot use my area at all. This happens on the remainder of my family's accounts I've tried (all are passworded except this one) other than the one I am on currently, so I will have to use this one for any recovery operation.

Thanks to anybody that can help.

Edited by Quari, 06 June 2006 - 06:29 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
does it occur in safe mode on those accounts?

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi, I just restarted in safe mode and attempted to access my account (which is the only one I can do now as it is the only known I personally know the password for) and there were none of the earlier mentioned problems. Thanks!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
But it continues to occur in normal mode?

Please download hijackthis from my signature and save a hijackthis log, then ATTACH that log to your next post

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi, here's the log, many thanks:

EDIT__ PLEASE DO NOT POST HIJACKTHIS LOGS IN THIS FORUM

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.