Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Steam

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I am in a location that I can not hook up my laptop to the internet and am wondering if there is anyway to play/register games that use Steam without hooking my computer up to the internet. It really stinks buying a new game (SiN) and not being able to play it.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Sadly which is why most people hate Steam, you cannot register a game through Steam without internet. One way around this is to log in to your Steam Account on someones computer who has internet, register it there, and then play it on your own computer (I'm pretty sure that works).

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Easiest way you just connect up to the internet start steam and register up, all you need to do is register once get the decryption data and its done you can play in offline mode, the games just need the decryption keys from the internet to work.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Hey warrior, not to be rude or anything but read his location. Hence my response, I know internet may not be ready available any time soon, but if you find SOMEONE who does have it, somehow...just let it decrypt once.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im just giving the correct answer, the answer does not change based on location there is one solution and connecting to the internet is that one answer, it requires to be connected at least once to download a decryption key.

Location irrelevant, situation irrelevant yes you are being rude answers are answers , you can also find that answer in big letters on the steam support FAQ its like the first question.

JudeF

JudeF

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
you need to connect to the net the first time round, update, get bots, save username and password and then it will run smoothly, if not, then no.