Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

car lovers?

• Please log in to reply

pikaboy

pikaboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Did anyone watch that the season premiere of that new MTV show, Fast Inc., last night? Cars aren't my biggest fascination in the world, but I found it really interesting... the whole "behind the scenes" aspect of these three guys acquiring ridiculously rare cars for really wealthy, famous people. I think there's more information about it on MTV.com.. that's where I originally saw the trailer for it. Anyways, its on at 10:30pm on Mondays, so if you like cars, i'd check it out.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
MTV, home of shows like pimp my ride and other crap, those arent car shows you take perfectly good cards and ruin them.

I like proper motoring shows like Top gear where they review real cars, and old cars if they are there they do alot of stuff in older rare cars somtimes, and there are alot of companies that find and rebuild classic cards for you.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I haven't seen that show yet (Fast, Inc.) so I can't really comment on it. However Top Gear is by far one of my favorite car shows.

pikaboy

pikaboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've never seen Top Gear, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.. when/where is that on?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a UK car show, been going for years now and is transmitted all over the world, there are many imitators but none get the top gear style part of it is that the presenters have a good dynamic and bring in a bit of comedy in it sometimes.

The BBC just started a world service TV channel in the US so you could probably watch it on that.

People who get BBC2 here its on a sunday at 8 i think. might be bbc1 i just turn my tv on at 8 and find te channle lol i watch it every week.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

The BBC just started a world service TV channel in the US so you could probably watch it on that.

if you mean bbc america...we've had that for a while (maybe 2 years?)...they don't show topgear on it though (very unfortunate....though they do play little britain and ed vs spencer...so that makes up for the lack of topgearatude)

topgear has been known to be played on spike tv (used to be... a different channel tha ti can't remember now...but it was owned by turner i think)....but i haven't seen it in a while...though i may just not be looking for it..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They launched some new channels, the world service one is going to bring the enlightenment of unbiased news to the heathens, i think it will also have some other shows on it as well so you might be lucky and get one of those BBC/HBO period dramas that they think we are so find of.

pikaboy

pikaboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for all the help guys--- ill definately check top gear out. i was actually in california this past week and at a race car in sonoma they were doing some drifting event, and it was being taped and was going to be broadcast on that network... it reminded me of the drifting episode on fast inc.

pikaboy

pikaboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys... I checked Top Gear out like you all recommended and I definately digged it. Thanks. And I understand where you are all coming from and why you would like it. I feel like it targets people that know A LOT more about cars then the people watching MTV. I guess that's why I liked Fast Inc so much. I like cars and I want to know more about them, but its hard to just get thrown into all these terms and whatever. So its a good way to watch, be entertained, and still learn a little bit about cars. You know?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, the nice thing about top gear is the presenters work well together they play well of of each other and theres always a good laugh.

Its good it has a good balance of reviewing cars normal people will possibly by but also the cars we just like to look at. There isnt that much in depth stuff about the cars, mostly just the basics you should really know about mind you things that are important in European cars seem to be less so in the US just because the roads there are so straight and slow there isnt much need for the fancy suspension and traction control.

Liquid_Snake

Liquid_Snake

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hah, I actually just posted a thing about Fast Inc, definitely a growing show that is getting better and better, housed on MTV, yea, definitely a great show to watch though, I give it my coveted Thumbs up

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Woah! I love Top Gear so much. It's always on uktv documentary or something like that

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
top gear is one of the best car shows i have seen in a long long time,

as someone said they review "real" cars nothing beats v10 fuel injected supersports cars for performance :blink: i no this sounds obveouse but im sick of all these turbo charged 4 cylinder wizzzzbangs from japan!!! whats with them :whistling:

i no its seems silly according to the petrol prices at the moment but still nothing beats a 451 big block chevy for pure grunt and power.

but seriously top gear is one of teh best and most interesting car show i have seen in a long time. i dont get to see it all that often unfortunetly being from australia but when i do my eyes are glued to the screen

im sorry to say to all of you computer lovers out there but my number 1 passion is cars and number 2 would have to be computers sorry guys but i have to be honest :help: