Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird problems

• Please log in to reply

blues_bogan

blues_bogan

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
ok earlier this evening i got a blue screen of death

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

i'm pretty sure thats the error i got.

Anyway i restarted sent an error report then my pc restarted again. Restarted again all went well. started googling to see if there were any previous errors like mine. i decided to run spybot S&D and everytime i run it from now on it gets about half way through then restarts my computer :S

Before i got the BSOD my computer had problems with what i though was the power supply so i had that replaced but i still get the problems. What happens is when i turn of my computer it doesnt completly shut down (the fans and lights stay on) and when i try turn it on again it doesnt start up so i remove the power cord and plug it back in and that seems to fix it. I was telling a computer wizz about it and he said it might have something to do with my bios. I know that the bios has nothing to do with malware but all these problems happen at the same time so i thought id post it in this thread.

Would the bios be effecting spybot? i wouldnt think so.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
BIOS does not have anything to do with malware, but it has everything to do with the basic input and output on the machine..since spyware/windows/programs all result in input and output (to drive to memory, to devices, etc), then a bios update could address the issue

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
are usually driver related, meaning get the most recent version of your drivers, and update them to see if the issue goes away

blues_bogan

blues_bogan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
But thats not the reason spybot keeps screwing up half way through a scan?

blues_bogan

blues_bogan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Weird, i just woke up and ran spybot worked fine, but only picked up a few firefox cookies. il try ad aware etc now.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
drivers, drivers drivers

the program is only relevent in that it performs i/o functions

Update your drivers

blues_bogan

blues_bogan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip