Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tv card

• Please log in to reply

terryco

terryco

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have installed a tevion digital tv card dvb-t 100. With the small aerial that comes in the pack, i recieve nothing. I use my roof aerial and i recieve one tv channel and nine radio channels. I live in south east england and have a motorised aerial and can easily get three regional Itv stations so i expected to get more from the card. On the setup menu, autoscan the signal strength is beyween 230 and 250 db and quality 76%. All the 10 programmes i can recieve are on 177500. THe scanning range is 177.5, where the reachable programmes are to 858.0 Should i expect more ? I would be gratefull for any help.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive not set it up properly but i have tested my own card(same one) and it works fine ONLY on a very strong signal on a new ariel its fairly specific it needs a large outdoor ariel, the little ariel is unsuitable for digital reception and it doesnt do analog at all apart from FM radio.

It needs a very strong signal though i was only able to get a signal beause it was connected on the first place after it comes from the ariel out the sky box, i tried it in other places but it was no go the signal was to weak, but there i hooked it up and got all the digital channels and FM so i figure the problem is it just needs exceptionally strong signal and the proper kind of ariel.

But the price of these things i wasnt expecting them to be that great in the first place TV cards usually run £100+ so i was happy with that minor problem i just need to rewire the Cabling to get the better signal which isnt such a bad thing either way.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thank you for the prompt reply. I have a big multiband aerial with a masthead amplifier on a six foot pole mounted on a chimney stack. As i said, i can get anglia, southern and london regions all good quality by turning the aerial. The signals are pushed to other rooms in the house via a distribution box, so i thought the signal would have been strong enough. I will make up a long rf lead and try you suggestion. Thanks again.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah im going to have to redo all my stuff, but everyone i know with one it works ok ish(as well as a cheapo digital tv card would) its just fussy with the signal, i can only get reception on the digital channels like i said in the kitchen where the sky box is, whereas the next point on the line in ther living room i could only get FM on the 177.5 range which sucked.