Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

todumb4u

todumb4u

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

Im trying to get rid of windows media player 11 and install windows media player 10

How can i do this?
:whistling:
Thanks,
Patrick

Advertisements

Flax9

Flax9

• Pip
  • 9 posts
*EDIT* Misread the question.
You should be able to install WMP 10 over WMP 11, am I right? I don't have 11, so I don't know. There's a link to ten at the bottom.

If you want to uninstall WMP 11, here's how:
Open up your start menu and go to Control Panel, then to Add/Remove Programs. Wait for it to populate the list, then click Add/Remove Windows Components on the bar on the left hand side of the window.
Wait for the new window to load, then scroll to the bottom and uncheck Windows Media Player 11.
Hit next and follow through with that.

Then, you can go here http://www.microsoft...10/default.aspx to download WMP 10.

-j

Edited by Flax9, 06 June 2006 - 10:48 PM.

todumb4u

todumb4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok ive done that but it wont unistall fully.

And i cant install MP10 because its keeps coming up with an error saying that the computer has a more recent update already installed.

Ive got some friends that have tried to help me out and ive been in the the registry and all that and deleted it but it still wont let me install

Flax9

Flax9

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Did you reboot after you uninstalled WMP 11? And is there an entry for it in the normal Add/Remove programs list that you can use as well/in addition?

todumb4u

todumb4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yeah i rebooted it

And there isnt i deleted it ages ago trying to get rid of it

DaGeekz

DaGeekz

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I'll have to help with this, I am friends with todumb4u in real life, He wanted to rid himself of WMP 11 for 10, So I had him delete WMP11 forcibly then clear it from the registry, then try to reinstall WMP 10, Even though he did that, when he trys to install WMP 10 it still says that he has a more recent version installed on his PC.

Doktor_Ivan

Doktor_Ivan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
deleting and deleting registry --- Bad

Got myself in trouble couple of times try to fix the registry to uninstall a program without a step by step guide.

If it does not uninstall, current installation may be corrupt, a good option to try is to reinstall wmp 11 and see if it will uninstall correctly after.

DaGeekz

DaGeekz

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

deleting and deleting registry --- Bad

Got myself in trouble couple of times try to fix the registry to uninstall a program without a step by step guide.

If it does not uninstall, current installation may be corrupt, a good option to try is to reinstall wmp 11 and see if it will uninstall correctly after.

I did have him backup the whole registry beforehand.

Flax9

Flax9

• Pip
  • 9 posts
You might try using a registry cleaner like the one native in CCleaner instead/in addition to deleting values manually.