Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Links in Office

• Please log in to reply

ajcool123

ajcool123

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
So just to be clear you need the powerpoint to auto-update with out the prompt asking if this is really what you want to do? :whistling:

Advertisements

RexumBellae

RexumBellae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i would have to look into that a little, but yeah, that sounds about right. We thought a powerpoint in the form of a web page might do the trick, and it almost did, but whenever you save values, the powerpoint as a whole much stop to be updated, like you said. Your company may have dealings with us, i dont know. Are you familiar with Eaton Hydraulics??

RexumBellae

RexumBellae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yup. exactly. but, the poiwerpoint has to be in slide show mode while you are changing values. I screwed around with it a few times and crashed excell on my computer a couple of times. so by now, the web page sounds like the best route to go.

Edited by RexumBellae, 07 June 2006 - 11:34 AM.

ajcool123

ajcool123

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Yep sounds about right. :whistling: However they would still have to refresh the website manually.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

they would still have to refresh the website manually.

like i said...i'm not a webdesigner...but this isn't neccessarily true...there are methods for having realtime info displayed on webpages (my system here for example does all it's updates in real time on the webpage as it's a scrolling type of deal...) i'll see if i can get a webdesigner to poke their eyes in here

RexumBellae

RexumBellae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
sounds like a plan.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Here :blink:

The complexity of the site you want to make can completely depend on your knowledge. Actually, it doesnt need to be a site, just an html page on a machine that tells the browser to update (refresh) every 5 seconds automatically. It can be stored on the main machine and can be updated whenever the boss wants. Within 5 seconds, the page refreshes on the other machines, poof, new message and what-not.

Doing this simple operation with a java script that automatically updates is overkill for what you are looking for. What I suggest is like 1 line of code in the head of the page. Simple.

ScHwErV :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
thanks ScHwErV