Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Win32 application error

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my mate just purchased a brand new pc. i dont have much info on the system but he did buyt it and get it set up for games. big gamer. he said he is having problems installing the games. he said the error he is getting is it is saying something like...

"unable to install as this is not a win32 application' or something along those lines.

do i just need to download something, or is it more diifficult than that,.

he doesnt have service pack 2 which i will be downloading for him will that fix the problem.

your help is much appreciated guys.......

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run this

If the error is

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.