Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spybot S&D - Bad Checksum?

• Please log in to reply

Chibi Ferret God

Chibi Ferret God

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried to use the intergrated updater to update my definitions in Spybot: Search and Destroy, however after waiting for several minutes, it will stop updating and say '!Bad Checksum!!!' in the info area of the download. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Luke_P

Luke_P

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yeah I get that to, I think it keeps making mistakes with its searching for updates.... just ignore it... youve probably got the most updated version if it says that. Wait for the next update.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Usually server overload when new updates are released, try a different download mirror

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
GENERALLY...when i get the checksum error in Spybot...i just keep searching for updates ( i believe that every time you press the search for updates button it chooses a different download location)...EVENTUALLY you'll hit the right version of the file tha twill download....it doesn't take that long...but it is a little annoying..

Chibi Ferret God

Chibi Ferret God

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm. :whistling: