Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Americas Army

• Please log in to reply

coxmaster

coxmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Americas Army. Great free game made by the US Army. Anyone play it??

Advertisements

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
it's kind of...um...you know, like...AMERICA! THE BEAUTIFUL! WE LUUURVE YOU AMERICA!

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Actually I'm not a big fan of AA. It's not enough fun, too much actual tatics involved. I like Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike, more stealth if you want but also run 'n' gun if you please :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Propoganda, No Thanks.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Amen to that Warrior. :whistling:

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
propaganda only works on the weak

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Propaganda prays on the weak, which makes it deplorable, the shear quantity of US propaganda on your Media indicates that the goverment thinks alot of people are weak. And at some point in your life everyone is weak thats why you need to protect them from things that would take advantage.

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Quick ban army games, they will warp the minds of the youth and make them join and extremist organizations. Let us saturate there minds with numbing violence like GTA and Doom so they wont join a organization that promotes physical fitness, college education and national pride.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Don't take anything warrior says to seriously Green...*whispers "He's Scottish"*

Haha just kidding man....no but AA is almost like GTA and Doom in the same sense. If you get shot, you come back...try again. In the army you get shot, you ain't coming back unless your lucky. It's a game...if a kid seriously follows into the Army because he played AA it's near the same like a kid who stole a car cuz he played GTA.

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Ya, I play americas army a lot. I have no want to go into the military ever!!

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
i agree with blackpandemic on the possible similar effects of AA and GTA, but the fact is, GTA doesn't stick adds in every several minutes sauing how wonderful gang life is, how yummy crack is, and how fun it is to go on rampages and kill innocent people. AA does do that, and i shudder to think other subliminal messaging they've put in the game.

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
The subliminal messages in AA are the beauty of the game. It gives me something to laugh at while i am owning people. I get to laugh at how much the Army spends/spent and wonder... DO they actually think they are gonna get people like this? I would guess that 1/2 the players of AA aren't even american!!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
GTA and doom are different boats entirely though, you know you arent going to join the marines to fight the strogg because you played Quake are you, some people will join the army because they were encouraged to buy propaganda in a game, im all for games but they shouldnt advertise or encourage anything like that.

You wont find me saying people shouldnt join the military(although if iwas american you wouldnt catch me in the US military) but i train young people to join the military(airforce specifically) and i dont think there is anything wrong with joining but you shouldnt be encouraged or pushed and i make sure if someone joins up thye understand what it involves and specifically that its there decision with no bias at all.

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Heres the most important fact about the game. ITS FREE AND FUN!!!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Meh, i like flashpoint for that kinda stuff anyway, cant beat a bit of flashpoint, 2 is coming out soon as well.