Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Git' 'er dun'!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
lol, my favorite comedy routine is, "Git' 'er dun'". it's funny and it kinda' sounds like, well.. 'erm.. i dont think im aloud to say.. but.. yeah..

does anyone else like this comedy routine and heard it before? :whistling:

Edited by Powerslave, 07 June 2006 - 10:41 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
uh...it's actually git er dun....it's not slang...it's a comedy routine by larry the cable guy....which..honeslty has been played out...VERY annoying (though i do live in tennessee so...i hear it more than most)...

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
oh lol... thanx for telling me.. ill correct the topic. lol

CORRECTED

Edited by Powerslave, 07 June 2006 - 10:41 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont get it all JRM i think used that joke for a while and i didnt get it then either.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's cuz you're not from the southern united states....there's a particular...drawl...or pronounciation of everything here....(generally...incorrect pronounciation)....TECHNICALLY the statement in actual english would be "get her done" but it's pronounced and spelled (in the proper kountry way) as "git er dun" meaning "get it done" or "let's go ahead and do that shall we?" the only reason why it's popular in the united states (mainly the south) is that there is a comedian named larry the cable guy...who is the quintesential hick and says it after about every joke he tells...he's a funny guy...i love the comedy as i can relate to alot of it (living in eastern tennessee)...but the phrase is played out...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
AAAAAAH I see know thats mildly comical.

Edited by warriorscot, 07 June 2006 - 12:51 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://www.larrythecableguy.com/

Larry the Cable Guy picked up where Jeff Foxworthy left off...but went lower. If you are familiar with American idiom, and not offended by "gosh dang it" it can be hysterically funny, especially after a beer or two.

Johanna

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
If you ever get the chance to see Blue Collar Comedy Tour, take a peek. It features four real comedians on the road, whom one is Larry the cable guy. I found it absolutely hysterical. :whistling:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I can quote that ENTIRE movie, and I'm not kidding. Doesn't matter that I live up near Chicago. I should have been born a Southern 'gal, and am dang proud to be a Redneck.

My favorite is Ron White, hands down. The tire falling off the van after Sears changed it, Tater Salad...all hysterical. :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Isn't Ron White the guy who says, "You can't fix stupid"?

Johanna

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Isn't Ron White the guy who says, "You can't fix stupid"?

I believe so. :whistling:

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I think LarryTheCable guy is pretty cool, but ive heard the comedy routine of "'git 'er 'dun" from someone at skool who likes to say it.

i find it funny. =D

Mach

Mach

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I find some of the blue collar comedy humoros but i'm partial to Dave Chappelle and Dane Cook.
I really liked Larry's voice over work in Pixar's Cars movie.

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
So Larry the Cable Guy is on a Comedy Show? What is the Show called?

Edited by Powerslave, 04 July 2006 - 11:45 AM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Larry the Cable Guy is part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour along with Jeff Foxworthy and Ron White,

BTW Ron white is funniest hands down, You can't fix stupid I love it and tater salad a classic,

Oh BTW Jo it's even better after 6 beers :whistling: