Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the screen menu not going away :s

• Please log in to reply

rpandya

rpandya

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi...
when i turn on my computer i get the screen menu in the middle of the screen...its like when you press that menu button and adjust the contrast, colour etc of the screen.
Normally, you press 'menu' again to remove this...

however, none of the buttons on the side of my monitor work...and so i have this screen menu in the middle of my screen which is very annoying...as it sits above everything else...

please can you guys help!!! thanks :blink: :help: :)

ravi :whistling:

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
I assume you have tried to turn the monitor off and back on and it's still there. It sounds like you may have a stuck button. Try to see if one of the buttons is stuck in and if it is, you may be able to work it loose. Sometimes a damp cloth run over the buttons may remove some of the gunk that may have it stuck.

rpandya

rpandya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
no, none of the buttons are stuck
:blink:

before i posted the message i had restarted my computer and before the restart the menu wasnt there...

it was just after my restart it came up.

This has happened once before...but i've forgotten how I solved it

yeah jus an edit...none of the buttons work!...er...its really annoying...i can't even turn off my screen (not that i do that anyway) but still!
pleassse help...thanks guys

rav :whistling:

Edited by rpandya, 07 June 2006 - 01:11 PM.

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
It definetly sounds like hardware problem with your monitor. What's the make and model? Also, have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would say that if none of the "screen" buttons work...and you can't get that menu to disapear...that the monitor is a bit broken....if the buttons aren't stuck (you may try to remove the bezel of the monitor and see if there's something stuck underneat the buttons) then there's probably something shorting the connections or something in the area with the buttons is going wrong...if the monitor is under warranty...have it replaced...otherwise it may be time to buy a new one

rpandya

rpandya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey guys thanks...

its now fixed! :blink:

it happened randomly...when i turned my pc on today it was gone!

thanks for all the inputs

ravi :whistling: