Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Connection cut out

• Please log in to reply

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

I've been having some difficulty lately with my dial-up connection. I previously checked this with my Internet supplier, so now I turn to you.

When I log on to Internet, and I pick a function such as Outlook Express, or Yahoo Mail, or Yahoo Messenger, I will get a dialogue box which has three choices "CONNECT", WORK OFFLINE" OR CANCEL.

The message goes on to say that this program cannot function without a connection.

My internet provider has advised me that perhaps my Firewall is giving me the problem. When I have this dialogue box on my screen, I can look down to my system tray and it shows that I am already connected and I can see the kbs that is coming in.

Any advice.

By the way this started just after I was having problems with "Cannot Find Server"(see my earlier post)

I have done Avast Anti-Virus scan(clean), Ad-Aware Anti-Spyware Scan(clean), Spybod Scan(clean) and Yahoo Toolbar Anti-Spy Scan(only found inconsequential cookies) or so it seemed, any way they are removed.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i've had this problem with corrupt connections....the way I fixed it was to completely remove all connections, then set up new ones