Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Card Stuck in Card Reader

• Please log in to reply

lilcoley

lilcoley

• Pip
  • 9 posts
In a moment of overexcitement, I shoved my Memory Stick Duo Pro into my card reader in my laptop with out an adaptor.

Any ideas on how to get it out?

Any help is appreciated... THANK YOU!

Edited by lilcoley, 07 June 2006 - 05:48 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I know at my job I take a small pair of tweezers and pull them out slowly.

Other wise you may have to open up the computer and physically remove (a.k.a. shake) the card out from the laptop.

Side Note: Try not to get so excited in the future :whistling:

lilcoley

lilcoley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
lol next time i will try to contain myself !!

i tried tweezers, shaking it, bobby pins, etc.

no go.

i even tried to use the reverse action ejector by pushing it in further with the adaptor. not the brightest move or my finest moment :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
As I said you may have to open up the computer and possibly the part if it won't come out.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've got a person here at work that at least once a month will put a card either in the wrong slot in the card reader...or he will actually put the thing in the floppy drive....(EEEDDDIIIOOOTT)...and i've got to physically take the drive out of the computer and open the drive up all the way to get the thing out...you may have to do the same with your LT...which is not fun....

though...in theory....you MIGHT (if you can see into the slot..i assume you put it in the pcmcia slot on the laptop) be able to maybe put a dab of superglue on the end of a stick (like a wooden BBQ skewer...or something thin that would fit into the slot) and see if you can get it stuck to the card..then pull it out that way...might work

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I did the exact same thing once. I had a heck of a time getting that duo card out of there.