Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMAs suddenly will not play

• Please log in to reply

SolidEnder

SolidEnder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, so at one point in time all the wma files on my computer would play fine. Then one day nothing in Yahoo Music Engine will play and neither will any wma file. I've tried playing them with several different programs. Some say nothing and just don't play, while others, like windows media player, say that it doesn't have the right codec. It's not a DRM problem because I can see winamp acquire it just fine but then can't play it after that. How in the world can wmp not play wma files? I've tried downloading codecs from many different places. I've even tried a few complete codec packs. I have also used several programs to determine that I really do have to codec installed. Here are a few screenshots.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

So I'd really like to be able to listen to all my music again. Thanks.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try this

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=101331

SolidEnder

SolidEnder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I followed the guide step for step and wma files will still not play. Wmv files still play as normal though. This doesn't seem to be a common problem because I can't find any information on this.