Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVG free edition installation problem

• Please log in to reply

lizzo

lizzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is my second time to download the AVG free edition installer avg71free_394a752.exe, and I am still having the same problem with regard to installation.

Usually, when you open an installer, there is a series of no-brainer prompts that will tell you to click next to install this program, click agree to the terms and conditions of this program, click next to start installation, etcetera. The AVG free edition installer, which I have downloaded from download.cnet.com on both accounts, however, does not have this interface, and instead opens as an executable file in that little black Command Prompt window. Then it returns the message (not verbatim), "Program too big too load," closes, and never installs at all.

How do I solve this--rather, how do I install this "manually"? If not, where can I find a reliable copy of this software?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://free.grisoft....2/lng/us/tpl/v5 try here...it's the actual grisoft website...it may work a little better

lizzo

lizzo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I am such a silly rabbit.

I also visited the official site, grisoft, but how could it make any difference? So I tried downloading it a third time anyway, and true enough,

I was right.

While I appreciate the attention, does anyone else have a constructive solution to my problem... that does not involve redownloading that file?

Edited by lizzo, 08 June 2006 - 04:16 PM.