Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Settings

• Please log in to reply

aries73

aries73

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms][i][size=7] I must say right from the start that I am not very computer savvy. I am getting page cannot be displayed with mysearch.com in the address bar instead of my home page. I was on the phone with my internet provider and was advised that it is not an internet issue. They said that it sounds like spyware is taking over. I can type in a select few address but not Yahoo or Google and some others. I went to the security center and was reading about the spyware downloads and actually went to a site but when I clicked to download I get an error message saying "your current security settings will not allow this file to be downloaded". When I go to my security settings it is on medium and will not allow me to change. Everytime I go to download spyware protection I get this same message. Can someone PLEASE help me????? Thank You

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

aries73

aries73

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:whistling: I tried the advice but my computer will not even allow me to go to geekstogo.com... I'm at a loss..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
then how did you post here in this thread?

aries73

aries73

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm at work and just wanted to let you know what happened when I tired your advice on my home computer.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah...i got ya....you may need to download the software from another computer and burn it to a cd..then run what you can on your h ome computer (including the hijack this part)...then post the results from the home computer from the other computer